|
| |
|
Profile
20 years old, a blog held from the age of 16, Australia, girl, young adult problems and resolutions, an honest and dry look at myself learning to be a better, bigger, happier person, artist, photographer.
Archive
|
Saturday, 30 April 2011, 9:51 pm
chilly down.
i love photography. No really, it's probably my best talent, and one of my deepest passions. I've done it professionally, I've been published, I've got a good networking ring around Australia and through photography, I have met some very famous horses and people. I even had a 9-5 job selling cameras for JB HI FI. I was reflecting on why I love it so much today, as I slipped another grey Nikon lithium into its charger prepped for tomorrow... I've always been an artist. I've always been on a search for a more intense why of channeling how I feel and how I express myself to the world. I love the process, the geeky equipment, the hobby, the glass, the pride in owning and caring for it, the rule of thirds, the way it runs in my family, the way I can pass it on to my children. I even love being in front of the camera -- if there's one thing I'm proud of, it's that I'm photogenic. I know how a camera sees people, and I use it to my advantage. I love the doors it opens for me -- both career wise, and socially. Photography has enriched my relationships with those around me, as well as connecting me to a sense of purpose. |